Jan 16th, 2021
Breaking Down Enactments
The focus of this episode is to help...
- Participants learn how to utilize enactments in counseling.
- Identify the critical points in using enactments as an experiential tool in counseling.
- Participants will be able to evaluate their own clinical use of this intervention.
- Is it organized and alive in the client?
- Assess their experience of reaching/sharing.
- Bring the therapist fully into the moment.
- Load it with clear simple language that conveys the attachment-related emotions, longings, vulnerability.
- Be ready for blocks.
- Catch it
- Permission for protection/hesitance
- Return to enactment
- Reset it
- You may have to slice it thinner.
- Do it!
After the Enactment
- Read the traffic lights. (partner's ability to respond)
- Red: Stop-Something completely blocking the partner from being able to respond
- Yellow: Caution-There is a slight bit of mistrust or confusion. May not be able to respond fully.
- Green: Go for Bonding Moment-They see it, feel it, and want to bring comfort to it.
- Check for a shift in body markers.